Ballroom Dance > What kind of ballroom dance do you think of when you hear Daft Punk's new "Lose yourself to dance"?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by EdwinNJ, Oct 4, 2013.

1. EdwinNJ

EdwinNJ Member

Daft Punk - Lose Yourself to Dance
    The new song, been on the MTVs and maybe the radio

Obviously could Hustle to it, but it'd be kinda slow. I feel like maybe it's also a foxtrot beat? What do you guys think? I would like to do some slower dance to it

2. ballroomdancertoo

ballroomdancertoo Well-Known Member

definitely disco hustle.....maybe if you really stretch it wcs.....

Dr Dance likes this.
  3. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Great tune, and if you haven't ever heard of Nile Rogers, I suggest you Google the name. He is arguably the most influential person in music living today.

4. TwoRightFeet

TwoRightFeet Active Member

I'd do West Coast Swing to that song.

Egorich likes this.
  5. vit

vit Active Member

Yeah, tempo is right for WCS but it's really boring to dance on, no breaks, no accents, everything repeats forever. But could be used in some beginners class for practicing those basic moves

6. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

Speaking frankly, none. You cannot judge only by the speed or tempo. Quotations, orchestration, citations are as important. It's fusion music with a hint of 70s retro sound in it. So hustle would fit, but boogaloo would also do. I find for wcs dynamics and plasticity are missing.

7. EdwinNJ

EdwinNJ Member

Lol, what? The intention was for you to google and listen to the song, and then judge by that

8. Warren J. Dew

Warren J. Dew Well-Known Member

It's really on the slow end for sling hustle, though I agree that it's more of a disco character than a west coast swing character.

vit and Dr Dance like this.
  9. Dr Dance

Dr Dance Well-Known Member

Instructional disco/ hustle... for as long as the teacher can stand using it.

10. suburbaknght

suburbaknght Well-Known Member

I'd do hustle. I like slow hustle.

11. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

I wouldn't worry about the confines of ballroom dancing. I'd do this!

12. regis

regis Active Member

A good Single Swing or West Coast Swing.

13. regis

regis Active Member

dude in the red and white stripes ... definitely the one to emulate!

14. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

Or the couples starting at 1:54. Seriously, this song is so funky-why constrain it to Ballroom Dancing. Side Note- I'm a big fan of Nile Rodgers. When I first heard this song I thought "wow, that sounds like Chic!"....oy!:dancingbanana: No wonder.