Ballroom Dance > What are you excited about in your dancing right now?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Jan 5, 2012.

1. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

That was nice! Thanks for shariing!

I am excited about my new teacher and look forward to working with him.

2. Sunsetdancer

Sunsetdancer Member

That's what I'm talking about, Paul Bunyan! Your Shownight piece does sound like fun. I like to know what others find exciting in dance.

3. Dr Dance

Dr Dance Well-Known Member

Theatrics are great for drawing your audience. Your good natured interpretation was VERY well received!

Sunsetdancer likes this.
  4. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Running right turns in quickstep. Very exciting. Also rumba crosses. That's "excited" as in "uh.. um.. sorry, can I try that again? I'll do better next time, I promise"

Sania, chomsky, dancelvr and 3 others like this.
  5. raindance

raindance Well-Known Member

Neat routine! Very fun, thanks for sharing that! How did you get the smokestack to keep steaming the whole time? Dry ice??

6. PaulBunyon

PaulBunyon Member

Yes, dry ice.

chomsky and raindance like this.
  7. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Pointe shoes!

I got the ok to go on pointe a week and a half ago - totally unexpectedly, bought them this past weekend while in a larger city (pre-comp activity) and have to wait until Friday to get them okay-ed by the instructor, then another week to sew them before I can wear them to my first class (assuming they are ok-ed). They're sitting in my room all pristine, just looking inviting. The waiting is torture - how do little girls do it?

Also, I apparently do still have an inner 11-year old. I had no idea that I'd be this excited.

8. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Practice partner!

9. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Well-Known Member

new rhythm dress, in my budget! right skirt, right fit, right price, only issue is that it's black and i hate black because i want to STAND OUT but it's lovely and i'm buying it.

Sania, theAnnelis and Sunsetdancer like this.
  10. Sunsetdancer

Sunsetdancer Member

I'm betting you can make that black dress stand out!

scullystwin42 likes this.
  11. Sunsetdancer

Sunsetdancer Member

Yeah, that is a hard one. I also would like to have a practice partner as dedicated as I am. I wish you the best.

12. Sunsetdancer

Sunsetdancer Member

sorry i haven't been on here in a while, Fancy Feet, but I applaude your inner 11 year old! We need more of that. ❤️

FancyFeet likes this.
  13. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Add some kind of accents?

scullystwin42 likes this.
  14. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Well-Known Member

Oh, it has very sparkly crystal AB all over the bra, which stands out quite a bit, and a crystal AB belt. Covered in jet rhinestones, too. i just have a big personality and want my dresses to be as colorful as me :p it's lovely and classy, though. looks more expensive than my other dresses, which was the goal. My pros want nicer dresses as my dancing skills get better, so there is a better first impression. when i get a picture i'll post.

Sania and RiseNFall like this.
  15. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

Manhattan Dancesport 2012 was the first competition I ever attended, just as a spectator.

Manhattan Dancesport 2017 will be the first competition I ever dance in.

I had a great lesson the other day; I had that "heaviness" to my dance. I'd started to get it before, which I was thrilled about, but then back in April my pro's son got sick so we had to skip a week, and I lost it completely. It was a legitimate fear of mine that I wouldn't get it back before the comp, but I saw it again so I'm super excited about that!

On the other hand, I just realized that my first competition, something I've been wanting to do for probably 7 years already is actually happening. And it's in two weeks.

I may barf.

16. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

Good luck! It's a great competition to do... probably the best in the NYC area for the entire year.

17. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

Thank you! I am so STUPIDLY excited.