Ballroom Dance > What are you excited about in your dancing right now?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Jan 5, 2012.

1. blackswan

blackswan Member

LOL, have three saddles taking up space in the garage - really need to get them on consignment...

2. Lol!!! One pricey sport for another. I have SO MUCH STUFF from years of running farms. And I only have two horses now, one of which is 30 years old. I don't NEED so much stuff! Especially when there are dresses and shoes to buy!

My instructor is having GREAT fun kicking my butt now that it's official that I will be competing. So many details.

blackswan, stash and Sania like this.
  3. Sania

Sania Well-Known Member

what are you doing for your wedding dance?

4. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Tango/west coast fusion thing. :)

5. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Well-Known Member

Excited to have my mojo back! after about 6 months of struggling and trying to see if i should continue dancing, this comp showed some real improvement. Much more grounded, sharp, and consistent. Arms much better. Still a ways to go, but i got some amazing compliments, unsolicitied, from teachers I really respect. The placements were good, but the compliments made my weekend. Time to practice more of the same! Glad to be enjoying dancing again!!

3wishes, Sania, cornutt and 1 other person like this.
  6. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

My upcoming break :)

7. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Post-comp ennui has hit and passed. Now I'm excited to start exploring some technique and presentation topics in individual practice (specifically, working from a much higher center and being more deliberate and demonstrative with my arms). And quite excited for guest coaching / next 3+ months planning in a week and a half when my partner's in town next.

Also, the videos from this weekend didn't make me want to puke (my reaction to last competition's videos). Some parts even looked good relative to my skill level. So...progress!

Sania likes this.
  8. Dancing Irishman

First batch of planning complete: sat down with my coach and talked about what I wanted to change in how I danced to be really happy with what I see on video from next year's nationals. Also talked about the best way to structure my practices. Can't wait to do the second half of planning this weekend with the partner!

RiseNFall likes this.
  9. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Strong potential to dip my toes into Smooth Open,,,,,which is making me more nervous than road tripping with DH. Excited but my comfort zone is closed smooth, tee hee.

j_alexandra and raindance like this.
  10. Not so excited...my dance instructor and I, after he used my enemies, logic and reason, have decided to wait and not compete at the end of next month, which would have been my first. All of the reasons are extremely valid, but I was like a dog with a bone once I got the idea in my head, and I am, admittedly, very bummed to wait awhile longer. Unfortunately, the next best option is during a very busy week at work for me, so I may have to do some massive pleading and begging to get the time off. Otherwise, it will be next spring :(

That being said, I failed miserably on my weight loss/fitness goals that I had wanted to reach for next month's comp, so this will give me a chance to create some good, strong habits and achieve what I would like to achieve. So, silver lining, I suppose.

11. s2k

s2k Well-Known Member

It's taken a year, but in the last two weeks I've finally gotten a section of bolero whip-fast, upright, and best of all: consistent.

Alternating between crying and clapping my hands together like a seven-year-old girl whose birthday pony was just led in.

12. Janson

Janson Active Member

Did three dances as a demonstration at the studio I practice at for their summer ball- everyone was appreciative and it we enjoyed performing. Only a couple of jitters on the drive over, but I was remarkably relaxed when I was there. I also fancied learning a few 'open'/American Smooth figures to jazz up a ballroom routine if we ever needed to do it as a demo.

cornutt and raindance like this.
  13. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Change. :)

RiseNFall likes this.
  14. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

It has gotten down to little details e.g., hand styling,rather than technique and huge changes

RiseNFall likes this.
  15. Philip Rehnlund

Philip Rehnlund New Member

I'm hitting and loving tango!;)

16. Philip Rehnlund

Philip Rehnlund New Member

I'm hitting and loving tango!;)

17. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Well-Known Member

ready for a big comp next week! well, at least mostly ready. i'm more nervous about packing my makeup palettes than anything else, i think. ALL THE BUBBLE WRAP. i'm not expecting much, since the opens are a bit rough with new pro. but should be interesting! hopefully wearing a new dress from a lovely DF'er.

RiseNFall, 3wishes and nikkitta like this.
  18. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

Some really great lessons and practices lately. Everything seems to be clicking rather well! Even liking the dreaded Paso routine with my practice partner... can tell he's really putting a lot of time and effort into his posture for it.

Summertime, so open/outside dance events are always fun.

19. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

No excitement here. I'm most likely backing out of my next comp. I'll still go to support a dance friend, and get out of town for a couple of days, but that's it. I'm just not ready, and don't feel able to do my best. The knees only bother me when I dance, but it's enough to make me pause. That, and I need to get the rest of my life together, and dancing will be on hold for a long while. *sigh*

20. Dancing Irishman

Really enjoying working on the quality of our dancing without any competitions coming up urgently. Made changes to every dance in our Latin, fixing sections that we could do but just weren't flowing or looking quite right. Much, much happier with the replacement sections. And excited to keep the good work going! Can't believe that it's been under a year in this partnership, feels like we've done so much work already and it's only gonna get better.

Sania and RiseNFall like this.