Wade Robson on DwtS Results Show

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Beto, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Beto

Beto Active Member

2. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

love it!

3. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

I enjoyed this dance very much. Wade is such a razor sharp, lightning quick dancer! It was great to see him dance. Cool number too, very Robsonian.
    On You tube, I saw different versions of the Zombie dance, as it evolved over the years. I adored that first Zombie dance on SYTYCD. So that kind of helps explain why it was so fabulous and polished. It's been his work-in-progress a long time. I got to see him dance on one of those earlier videos, but tonight on TV was better.

4. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

I absolutely loved the piece on DWTS by Wade!! Thought it was creative, well danced and mesmorizing. Was happy that DWTS brought on such a great dancer/choreographer to bring quality "non-ballroom" dancing to the show.

5. jennikins

jennikins Member

I loved this dance! I love most of the things I've seen from him though. :)

6. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

ditto!

7. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Honestly my reaction was "It's kind of like Cirque du Soleil meets 'Something Wicked This Way Comes.' Or 'The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari' meets the Mumenchantz."

It may be art. That does not always mean I get it.

8. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Tritto, I loved it!!! It's fun seeing different dance forms on DWTS.

9. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

I've not heard of any of these except Cirque du Soleil and the one Cirque show I saw I loved. I can see what you mean by seeing Cirque in this piece and that's part of why I like it.
    I hear you. There are many pieces by Mia Michaels that I don't get.

10. danceronice

Geez, the Mumenchantz are hard to find, even for Google. Suffice to say--avant-garde theater/puppets. I saw them on the Muppet Show once. They did an episode of "Northern Exposure" once, too.

"Something Wicked This Way Comes": Creepy Ray Bradbury story and film about a traveling carnival that you REALLY didn't want to come to town. The movie ends with the kids and their dad/grandad, can't remember which (played by Jason Robards) defeating Creepy Guy Who Runs the Thing. But all is not fixed for the victims, IIRC, because this is Ray Bradbury. (Could be worse. They could have been characters in "The Veldt" and gotten eaten by not-virtual-after-all lions.)

"The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari": Early German Expressionist silent film about a mad doctor who kept a crazy zombie/somnambulist in a cabinet...or did he? As I understood the ending it all may have been the halucination of the main character who may or may not in fact have been an inmate in a mental institution.

And I feel that way about pretty much every Mia Michaels piece. That or "Oh, stop flailing and dance already."

11. SlowDancer

SlowDancer New Member

I thought it was funky and fun...made me want to get off the couch and dance with them!

12. White Chacha

White Chacha Active Member

Is that bad? ;-) I agree it had a SWTWC creepyness about it. I loved the piece. But I'm not sure I'd want to delve too far into the mind that comes up with stuff like that! Very cool.

13. danceronice

In general, yes that's bad. I'm not a fan of stunty dancing that relies a lot on props and costumes. (Of course I'm also not a fan of contemporary in general--I tend to find it at best overly pretentious.)

14. White Chacha

White Chacha Active Member

Well, not much to say about what one likes/dislikes - that's entirely up to the person. But if one of the the jobs of art is to communicate something, or cause the audience to feel/think of something, it seems to have done that for you as much as for me. We just didn't feel the same way about the communication :)