The Weather Thread

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by ThisIsNotMe, Apr 28, 2008.

1. ThisIsNotMe

ThisIsNotMe New Member

The old weather thread disappeared!

I wouldn't have worried about making a new one but we had freak of nature weather yesterday...it's barely half way through autumn here, and it snowed yesterday! It hasn't snowed here even in the dead of winter for about three years. I have a feeling we're in for a cold winter this time.

2. ThisIsNotMe

ThisIsNotMe New Member

Forgot to add: So what's the weather like in your part of the world today?

3. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Okay, threads should not be disappearing....will have to check in with the other mods.

4. ThisIsNotMe

ThisIsNotMe New Member

Maybe its there but I just couldn't find it? I did do multiple searches though, using any number of terms. My apologies if it is there, and I didn't look hard enough.

5. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Nope I couldn't find it either. The original thread was located in Funstuff & Inspiration. I don't see it there now. Thought I might track it down by looking at the historical posts of a member who recently posted to the thread, would you happened to have posted on the "old" thread lately? Or know someone who did?

In the meantime, am checking with the other mods.

6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Well, disappearing threads would account for the continued post-count weirdness.

Anyway, I sought the thread out to say how much I love cool grey drizzly mornings... :)

7. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Tornadoes in our area yesterday. This morning, I saw some amazing security-cam footage of a tornado tossing cars around in a parking lot. It was only a few miles from the building I work in. :shock:

8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

holy cow, cornutt...

9. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs. :p

10. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

It's supposed to be 97° tomorrow, 96° on Sunday, 97° on Monday and 95° on Tuesday! :shock: I'm ready for fall!!! I'm NOT a hot weather person... :nope: HATE, HATE, HATE it!!!

11. samina

samina Well-Known Member

dang. got mum flying up from FL, too...and we don't have AC in yet. guess i'm gonna hafta put that in.

but i'm jumping out of a plane at 8:00 tomorrow morning. glad it looks like it's gonna be clear! (and still cool at that hour...)

12. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

I usually meet up with a couple of friends for about an hour walk on Sunday mornings. Not, this Sunday - we're meeting up at the mall instead for an indoor walk.

13. Zhena

Zhena Well-Known Member

So how did it go?

14. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

Being so hot and sticky and humid in NYC for beginning of the week then cooled down a bit...certainly too early for being hot like this:(

15. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

Night time practice so tough, studio not ready for this type of humid whether, and usually a/c not strong enough for late night "rounds" practice...poor dancers all sweat from head to toe:(

16. QPO

QPO New Member

Weather down under is much cooler, we still could do with rain, but nights get right down. Hope it was not too cold to jump out of a plane brrrrrrr...don't know if I could do it.

17. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

After the ickiness that was yesterday, today is gorgeous. Sunny, blue skies, looks like some fluffy clouds, low humidity. Nice weather for going boating.

18. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Was delayed for logistical reasons...son didn't have the right I.D. with him to prove he's 18, the purpose being one has to sign a waiver & ya gotta be a legal adult to do that. So...need to reschedule.
    Thanks for askin', Zhena. :)

19. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Very high winds followed by big t-storm that just blew through. Looks like a lull before we get hit again later...

20. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I hope that everyone in Missouri is safe and sound tonight. Apparently we have some strong storms coming this way if they aren't here already. Man, why did I have to pick the one job that you have to work in during bad weather lol? Tomorrow is going to be a busy day at work. I can tell already.