Salsa > The Best Salsa Dancer in the World

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Matrix, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matrix

Matrix New Member

is Johnny Vazquez.

Word. 8)

2. Sabor

Sabor New Member

oh.. i thought you're talking about me.. sorry :lol:

3. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

I think that's like saying the best food in the World is Chocolate.
    Sure, it's good, but people have different tastes.
    Personally, I think Johnny Vasquez is really good, but I think other innovative dancers have come along that possess their own strengths.

4. Matrix

Matrix New Member

yes, just like in Soccer... all the players who go to the World Cup possess their own strengths, but in that 1986 world-cup... Maradonna was THE BEST of them all! --- Once again, Johnny Vazquez is the best dancer in the world!

Word. 8)

5. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

:headwall: :headwall: :headwall:

Give me a frickin' break... that's like saying there's only one "correct" style of salsa!

6. alemana

alemana New Member

*yawn*

7. Matrix

Matrix New Member

8. SDsalsaguy

So?

Is he a great dancer? Sure.

Might he be considered the best in a certain style? Sure.

Do I wish I had that level of ability? Sure.

Saying he is THE best dancer, however, is still like saying that kiwis are the best fruit... :roll: :roll: :roll:

9. Matrix

Matrix New Member

SD... did you see Maradonna take that ball from behind the middle of the field all the way down, across like 10 players, and scoring that amazing goal?

remember that hip movement? those great passes? it's like he had eyes all over his body...

man, he was THE BEST! Yet... I also remember Zico from France, he was great too. And then there was Baggio from Italy, even Madonna said she wanted to hump him... so big props to him too. But Maradonna, HE WAS THE BEST!!!

10. africana

africana New Member

something tells this aint the right forum for the world famous Mr. Matrix

-time will tell-

11. SDsalsaguy

A) not everyone has to agree
    B) not at every element of the game
    C) soccer/football is a lot more standardized than salsa (thanks G-d!)

So?

12. Matrix

Matrix New Member

I'm World Famous???? :)

why you say that??? :p

13. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

We're all entitled to our own opinions . . .

Hell, I think SD is the World's Best!

14. africana

africana New Member

the Matrix is all around us, we have witnessed its mighty acts of destruction on various message boards

but perhaps there is hope :?:
    -time will tell-

15. Matrix

Matrix New Member

actually, if it wasn't for Johnny and Frankie Martinez... I would be World Best...

gosh darnit!, freaking guys... :roll:

16. SDsalsaguy

Don't worry africana, there is hope... because a hint of destruction here (although typically with a warning or two first) and the DF staff is more then willing to delete and ban users. The DF is about community and anyone who long ignores that is not welcome.

17. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Matrix -- what, in your opinion, makes Johnny Vazquez the best salsa dancer in the world? Who to you are the second best, third, fourth...? What qualities do you like seeing in salsa dancers?

Yes I've seen his performances and his dancing at parties (and heard his singing too :lol:), and yes he's amazing, but is he THE best, period? I don't know or have seen enough to decide on that one...

Maradona may have been the best player in the 1986 World Cup, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is/was THE best football player in the world, ever, period (and too many people who remember him in 1986 also remember "the hand of god" unfortunately :roll: ).

18. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

No . . I disagree. I've seen you both dance!

19. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Don't let yourself get sucked in, MM. Topics like these are often a conversational trap. You put one toe in, and before you know it, you're being pulled under the quicksand, from what I've seen. :?

20. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Thanks for saying that, SD. I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking it. 8) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.