The best RUEDA songs...

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Freya, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Freya

Freya New Member

Hi All,

I don't know if there has been a thread with this subject, so I'm trying.
    I'm looking for good, nice songs with an even rhythm (not very quick) for my Rueda lessons. I've got a nice Intermediates group, and they are all very exited about learning. I have a few titles but I would like to play really good music, so we enjoy all the aspects of dance.

Can you give me a few ideas?

Thanks! :D

Freya
  2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Dónde Estaras Metida from the CD "Soy La Candela" by Edwin Bonilla. How about Micaela by Sonora Carusseles from the SalsaHits 2003 CD? I think that it is slower than some of the other versions out there, such as on Sonora Carusseles' own CDs. Also, if a song is too faat you can always slow down the music when playing it.
  3. Istel

Istel New Member

Hey there Freya,

The few songs that I'll recommend will be:

Micaela
    Temba, Tumba y Timba
    Cuero Na' Ma

Or generally any other songs with a cuban beat is good to dance Rueda too.

Cheers :D have fun with your wheel :)
  4. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

El Pito by Sonora Carruseles
    El Baila Del Boogaloo by Sonora Carruseles
    La Comay by Sonora Carruseles
    Boogaloo Pa Gozar by Sonora Carruseles
    El Preso by Fruko Y Sus Tesos
    Marcando La Distancia by Manolito Y Su Trabuco
    Yoyo by Wayne Gorbea & Salsa Picante
    Cogle el Gusto by Wayne Gorbea & Salsa Picante
    Gombo by Africando
    Mandali by Africando
  5. Freya

Freya New Member

Thaaaaankkssss! :D
    Keep recommending! I'm writing all of it down.

Mil gracias!

Freya
  6. Sagitta

Cuero Na Ma is a good one! Which version are you talking about Istel, and by whom?
  7. Istel

Istel New Member

Hey Sagitta,

Eh, I've only heard Jose Mangual Jr's version. Is there other versions? :oops:

It was recommended by Salsarhythms back then for Salsa :p Credit goes to credit due :)
  8. Sagitta

Many songs have different versions. If something is good it is copied by many others. :)
  9. Istel

Istel New Member

Not gonna argue that :lol:
    any other versions to recommend? I'm all ears :D

More choices for Freya too :)

10. Sagitta

Not right now. I am listening to AT on batanga.com. I'm going to be having a rueda practice tomorrow night and if any songs particularly grab me I'll make sure to add to this list.
  11. PAGALM3

PAGALM3 New Member

Aside from the ones mentioned above, every time I hear "Barranquillero Arrebatao" by Fruko y Sus Tesos I think of Rueda. The song has a slow to medium pace with a lot of clapping which is reminiscent of the claps we incorporate during a Dame Dos :D . Okay, time for bed! :cry:
  12. alvaro

alvaro New Member

For me, rueda feels better done to cuban music.
    I take classes at a place where there is (simult.) a rueda group and a mambo group, and they play one cuban, one NY, cuban, NY ...

So i'd go for music by 'los van van' or 'charanga habanera' or ...
    'Van Van' music is usually slower and very good for intermediate classes because it's slow -so you dont have to rush the patterns learned- and challenging -since music changes a lot.
  13. Freya

Freya New Member

I agree. Cuban music like the songs of Los Van Van, Charanga Habanera, Adalberto Alvarez, La Banda del Puerto, El Rubio Loco, Manolito y su Trabuco, Miguel Enriquez... That's what I would call "Rueda Songs". They all are monotonic, with an almost unchanging rhythm all through the 6 minutes of the piece. That's exactly what I'm looking for! :D

Thanks for the recomendation on Los Van Van. Now that I come to think about it, many of their songs are suitable.
    I would like to hear specific titles you liked the most... Thanks ! :D
  14. Slawek

Slawek New Member

Los Van Van - Tim-Pop Con Birdland
    Albita - Salsa Cubana
    Maraca - Descarga Total
    Orquesta Reve' - Mi Salsa Tiene Sandunga
    Maraca - La Novela
  15. Slawek

Slawek New Member

Tommy Olivencia's version :)