Tea or coffee?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by flashdance, Jun 30, 2005.

?

Tea or coffee...

1. Tea

96.1%
  2. Coffee

3.9%
  1. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Whats it going to be then folks?

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Tea!!!! :lol:

3. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

I must've been dead bored to write this... I'll wang some music on and get dancing I think :lol:

4. pygmalion

You never know. Some of the seemingly lamest topics sometimes evolve into good conversations. Watch this space. :wink: :lol:

5. yola

yola New Member

can't i have both please?
    8)

6. cl5814

cl5814 New Member

depends on what time of day, coffee for the morning and some good british tea for the late afternoon.

7. pygmalion

English Breakfast tea? I've always wondered what's in that blend. I usually drink Red Rose or Lipton brand black teas, since they're relatively inexpensive and easy to find in the US. Sometimes, not often, I drink Earl Grey.

But I noticed when visiting Africa that the tea blends tend to be stronger, there. (The teas I've had in Africa are UK imports.) I can't remember the name of the UK tea brand made by the same company that makes Red Rose. :? Anyway, Red Rose, the US brand, tastes positively wimpy by comparison.

And then herbal teas are a whole other story. 8) And decaf? For the birds, IMO. :lol: :lol: I don't mean naturally caffeine free. I mean decaffeinated. The decaf process seems to take all the tea out of the tea. Yuck! :evil:

8. pygmalion

Oh yeah. And I don't do green tea. It tastes to me like my lawn smells when it's being cut. Double yuck. :lol: :lol:

9. elegance

elegance New Member

Tea, all the way! Tetley's or PG Tips are my favored brands.
    I so agree about the Red Rose being wimpy...I have a decaf version for my not-really-tea-drinking friends, but there really is no point!
    Of course, any caffeinated beverage will do in a pinch :D

10. pygmalion

PG Tips brand is very hard to find, here. :? It's tasty, though. 8)

11. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

My daily ratio is 6 cups of coffe/3-4 cups of tea.. so both...

(yes, I know it's pretty bad for me, but i get bored in the office and need a reason to get up from my desk)..

12. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

:) mmm Earl Grey is quite nice... I can't stand it with milk and sugar though...

I do like my PG Tips too :D

13. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

genuine tea. With tea leaves, ginger, milk, sugar, cardamon... None of that watered down stuff, pour moi! :wink: :) 8)

14. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Seems like a new job could be in order? :wink:

15. lujan

lujan New Member

Give me Barry's tea, or give me 3 tea bags to make it strong enough.

I miss the days when I had the time to wait for a pot of tea to brew.

16. pygmalion

Yep. I like my tea strong, too. Strong. How long do you steep yours?

And does anybody here make tea the old fashioned way, in a tea pot? Or are people using tea bags and tea balls?

And can you taste the difference if you wash a teapot with soap? The common wisdom is that you're supposed to just rinse the pot with very hot water to clean and never use soap. Do you think that's true or just an old wives tale?

Just curious. :roll: 8)

17. pygmalion

Oh yeah, and this thread is supposed to be about coffee, too, isn't it?

The funny thing is I rarely if ever drink coffee, but I have an ingrained coffee ritual. Learned it from the ex, who is religious about coffee.

I use only certain coffee beans, which I buy in small quantities from the over-priced store. :lol: I keep the beans in the freezer until I'm ready to use them. When I want to make coffee, I grind the beans fresh and brew in a French coffee press. Fresh, ice cold, filtered water brought to a rolling boil, and poured over the beans. Then served black in a white cup or mug. lol. I have no idea if that actually makes a better cup of coffee. But that's what I do. Most of my guests say it's too strong that way, but hey. I figure coffee's the same as tea, in at least one respect. If you're gonna drink it, drink the real thing. :wink: :lol: :lol:

18. chandra

chandra New Member

erm, tea if its good. I love vata tea!!!

But i like my coffee too. None of that extra sugary stuff for me though, if i get latte type things (or mochas, whatever) i get double shots.

19. pygmalion

Oh yeah, and btw, I got the espresso maker, as well. I have absolutely no idea what to do with the darn thing, but it's mine to keep. :lol: :lol:

20. pygmalion

Oh, and speaking of coffee/tea appliances, does anybody here use the Mrs. Tea iced tea maker? Or make "sun tea" in a jar? Thoughts?