Ballroom Dance > Standard Contra body position swivels

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by ballroomdancertoo, Sep 9, 2017.

1. ballroomdancertoo

ballroomdancertoo Well-Known Member

I see videos of movements in standard where there is contra body position movements. I was wondering what kind of figure would give the greatest degree of latitude to change direction in lod when doing this contra body position "swivels" ( I think these are swivels). hope this makes sense. I am interested in foxtrot more than the other standards. thanks in advance.

2. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Do you mean where the lady steps outside partner and swivels, or something else?

3. ballroomdancertoo

it looks like the man swivels clockwise and moves forward and the lady swivels back and moves backwards....I will try to find a video of the movement.

4. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

Pivots?

5. ballroomdancertoo

at :49 maybe Im calling it the wrong name.

6. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

No swivel, no pivot, only a walk in the outside position.
    He walks forward with LF, she walks backwards with RF
    Unbenannt.PNG

7. DanceMentor

The closest named figure I can come up with is the Natural Zig Zag from PP which involves the lady stepping OP on the left side, so this one is reversed. There is also a figure called the Four Feathers with this type of action for the man, but I don't know for sure what to call this other than a walk OP LS.

8. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

Due to the required degree of dissociation and torsion of the upper body I would rather call it "waiter through the crowd" ;)

9. ballroomdancertoo

thanks guys much appreciated. hopefully I can find more videos of this movement.

10. DanceMentor

Look at 3:00 they say heel pull, outside partner, back feather

11. ballroomdancertoo

I should have looked at the whole video. thanks dancementor. much appreciated!

12. ballroomdancertoo

I was thinking is there another traveling step instead of back feather. I was thinking of traveling more LOD before changing to another figure. thanks