General Dance Discussion > Son of So---How Was Your Dance Weekend?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Phil Owl, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Well-Known Member

I'll start, for the most part, VERY enjoyable! I had a cha-cha and salsa with this one woman, who to say the least was DYNAMITE! Very expressive and fun, as well as some fun EC Swing. And our beautiful wooh, it was ALWAYS a pleasure to take to the floor with you, and special thanks to you for enabling me to pull off a passable WCS, something that doesn't happen often for me! :mrgreen:

2. QPO

QPO New Member

Had a slow week-end only went to one event it was too warm to do anything. Ready to getting going this week-end.

3. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

No dancing this weekend. Hopefully going to a Valentine's ball on Saturday but saw it in the paper and forgot to take down the contact number...I'll look it up at work again on Saturday...

4. Rugby

Rugby Member

Went to a dance but the music was so old the RCA dog was there.

5. QPO

QPO New Member

Which is such a shame as there is so much music out there...I don't know why they do that.

6. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Danced Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. Can't complain.

7. Zhena

Zhena Well-Known Member

DH and I went to a party at a new studio ... both Laura and T.C. were there too.

The pre-party lesson was crowded and a little chaotic. They had a good turnout because the lesson and party were free (funny how that happens).

It was harder than usual for me to "troll" for partners ... I try to look like I'm ready to dance and hope someone asks me ... I think I got about 4-5 dances that way. Other than that, I danced with DH and then a few times with T.C. He is, of course, wonderful to dance with no matter what the dance, but DH said he could tell I was in heaven during the foxtrot -- he is soooo smooth. It was almost as much fun to watch Laura and T.C. swoop around the floor ... I'm kinda envious, but I know I haven't put in anywhere near the effort I would need to get that result. sigh ...

Unfortunately, I got kicked during our last dance and had to stop before it ended. But the pain went away before we got to our car, and I have only the faintest bruise today ... nothing to worry about.

T.C. reminded me I am (way) overdue on my annual update my "good enough" thread, so I'll try to get it done soon.

8. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Danced friday, but not Saturday and Sunday. Friday was great, but DP went nuts...lack of social dancing for too long I think.

9. jwlinson

jwlinson Member

Went to our studio party Friday, which was fun. Saw previews of some of the performances for our upcoming "Dancing With Our Stars" charity event. The two stars I'm dancing with couldn't make it, so I sat out. Still had fun though.

Spent Saturday and today practicing for the event, which is next Saturday.

10. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

sick all weekend couldn't even really practice...did watch videos of my new routines and try to walk through them...as well as a half-hearted attempt at the rumba drill...but ...just...too...sick...plus a muscle spasm in my neck....tomorrow...er ..today's lesson should be interesting

11. elisedance

elisedance New Member

I ^^^^^^ (sound of muffled confession)...... time will tell...

12. QPO

QPO New Member

had a good dance week...Got to try the comp floor which is now only two weeks away... the only problem we had tonight is that we collided with people on the floor that were almost stationery...grrrr and i felt bad

13. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Had a rare night out last night. Lots of fun...except for the couple of men who insist on putting their hand on my waist instead of somewhere in the vicinity of my shoulder blade. Kept my yapper shut, but was very tempted. The social part of it was really more fun than anything; I don't get to see the other ladies from my studio often, and had a good time with them.

14. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Did they just not know any better mq? I know that's how I learned to "dance" at school/clubs.

15. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Well, I can only assume that they don't know better or they'd be doing it. I just have an aversion to having their hands so low, not to mention that it isn't going to help them to get me to do what they want me to do. I did ask another guy if he would mind lifting his right arm up a bit so I could rest mine on it (lol) in a foxtrot and he mumbled something about being a street dancer and not knowing international style, rise and fall, etc. I just chuckled and said that rise and fall takes place in American style, too. He was good natured about it.

16. fascination

grounded last night...hoping for a social tonight w/dh

17. Yanou

Yanou Member

Went to a practice party last night but it was cancelled due to a low turnout. Bummer. At least the studio (not my studio) is nearby. Debating if I want to drive 30 min. to another one tonight. I know I won't get to dance too much because of the male-female inbalance. Come to think of it, they changed the location to a new place in downtown, so there may be fewer women there. Hmmmmm.

18. fascination

exhausted...canning the dancing and going for pizza and a movie

19. samina

samina Well-Known Member

he probly just didn't know. or mebbe... well... a woman's waist has famous appeal. :)

20. etp777

etp777 Active Member

That's for sure, Sam. :) That's the point of cuban motion, sin't it, to show that off? ;)

Thought about heading to swing night at willowbrook ballroom tonight, but decided not to. Cooking and cleaning (a little, anyway ;) ) still.