Sensual Samba Music Request

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by mambo-momma, Nov 17, 2003.

1. mambo-momma

mambo-momma New Member

Hey y'all. Yup - greetings from a Texas gal. I'm desperate for some suggestions for sensual samba music. My routine is already choreographed, but we can't find music to complete the "mood". I want something with a fairly quick rhythm. Think bedroom music, but hard and fast. :wink: Nothing that sounds tribal or mariachi-like!! It doesn't have to be anything "traditional" - in fact, I would probably prefer something more pop/dance. (I liked Justin Timberlake's "Rock Your Body," but my instructor thought it was...uh...too teenage female for his liking.) I'm 27, so something hip is good. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Y'all come back now, ya here? :D

2. ballroomboilergirl

ballroomboilergirl New Member

In order for me to have fun practicing, I have to have music that I actually like to dance to, and luckily I made myself a great samba mix not long ago...here are some my favorite sambas you might want to consider:

Jennifer Lopez "Ain't It Funny"

Enrique Iglesias "Bailamos"

Shakira "Whenever, Wherever"

Geri Halliwell "Mi Chico Latino"

Thalia "De Donde Soy"

Stella Soleil "Kiss Kiss"

Mr. President "Coco Jambo"

Thalia "Rosalinda"

Beyonce feat. Sean Paul "Baby Boy"

Hope this has helped...if you need more I have a few more songs on my mix that may or may not work. Good luck finding the music you're looking for! :D

3. Adwiz

Adwiz New Member

Ballroomboilergirl's were great suggestions, especially for popular hits. Enrique's "Bailamos" (means "we danced") and J. Lo's "Ain't it Funny" are sensual.

One of the sexiest Samba songs I know of and a favorite at many competitions is "Ooh La La" by Chicadee. Lively and very sensual. I don't know what album it comes from but you can get the strict tempo version on the album "The Latin Mix" from DanceVision. Great Album, worth every penny.

4. Taita

Taita New Member

Along with the other excellent suggestions, I'd add..

"La Isla Bonita" by Madonna.

5. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Que Nadie Sepa Mi Sufrir - Julio Iglesias

This is a fave of mine. :D

6. mambo-momma

mambo-momma New Member

I just wanted to say "thanks" to those of you that responded. I had asked everyone I could think of and come up with nothing......until I asked y'all!! You were lifesavers! BTW, we chose to go with "Kiss Kiss," although I'm still trying to get a copy of "Ooh La La."

7. ballroomboilergirl

ballroomboilergirl New Member

I'm glad I could have helped :D You'll have to let me know how your routine works out...good luck!

8. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member