practice shoes with 2" heels

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Sania, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Sania

Sania Active Member

I finally bought a new pair of latin shoes with stable heels (because they are new) and wide enough for my feet (Ray Rose Earthquake in case any one is wondering), but dancing in these brought the realization that my beloved Freed Romas are a) worn out and b) probably too narrow across the toes.

Options seem to be:

1) replace the Romas - at least the heels would be stable again
    2) Supadance 1025
    3) Ray Rose "Lorna Lee"

I use practice shoes for both lessons and group classes in standard and for social dancing. The 2" heel is important to me since I only get out my court shoes a week before a competition.

My feet are fairly narrow in the heels but wide across the toes.

My questions:

a) has anyone tried the Lorna Lee or the Supa 1025, and can you comment on whether the Supas or Lorna Lee would have a wider toe box than the Roma?

b) how is the Lorna Lee for standard?

c) does anyone know any other good quality practice shoe with a 2" heel?

Any input would be much appreciated!

2. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

I really love the freed Roma. Capezio, of all shoes (hate their sizing) had one that had a closed toe, a hard leather sole (but I always suede them anyway), a 2-inch heel, and the sides were open. Hold on, going to hunt up that shoe to see if this post is totally worthless. (Probably.)

3. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Crap. Can't find them. Oh, well- I'm not sure they'd be what you're looking for anyway.

4. Sania

Sania Active Member

Hey - thanks for responding!

5. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

You could try the site where I get my shoes...

steponedanceshoes.com

Most of their styles are very customizable for width and heel height. They have practice shoes.

If you are actually looking for a ballroom shoe to wear during practice, check out the Glide brand. I have a wide foot and narrow heel, and these fit me very well. PM me if you want details.

Hedwaite likes this.
  6. This is a shoe a lot of the smooth and standard dancers in my area like to use in a 2" heel. The Lorna Lee is very flexible, which is ideal for smooth, but I've heard from some of my standard friends it downs have as much support. For practice shoes I always like to recommend the leather preferorated ones since they are pretty multipurpose and good for longer practices.

ballroom-connection.com/xcart/product.php?productid=40&cat=&page=1

7. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Supa 1227 might be an option too.

8. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

<hijack>
    Wow, StepOneDanceShoes has VEGAN dance shoes?!? :eek:
    Good to know.
    </hijack>

hereKittyKitty and dancelvr like this.
  9. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Yeah, they do. :) And, the customer service is fantastic. I've been getting my dance shoes there for years.

10. Kelsey

Kelsey New Member

I have Lorna Lee for practice shoes, and I love them. Definitely wear with pantyhose or tights because they're leather, but they're very very comfortable and very stable.

11. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

<another hijack> I searched far and wide until I found Celebrity who was willing to make virtually leather free shoes for me (there's a tiny bit on the heel tip). They also use a synthetic suede sole which I LOVE! Feels the same on almost every surface and if there's a sticky spot on the floor, I'm able to just glide right over it :) Some may not like that aspect but I do <unhijack>

What I remember from my shoe selling days is the Supadance 1025 is very roomy. The Roma has a taller toe box area but is more narrow across the ball of the foot whereas the 1025 is wider across the ball of the foot than the Roma.

12. Sania

Sania Active Member

also cuter than the 1025 - thanks for bringing them to my attention

13. Sania

Sania Active Member

very helpful - thanks! Do you dance smooth or standard?

14. Sania

Sania Active Member

That is exactly the kind of information I am looking for - thanks so much.

Thanks to everyone for all the comments and info - and please feel free to keep them coming.

Sania

15. Ailuene

Ailuene Active Member

Ooooo the new Latins came in? I need to get a pair myself...my current pair is definitely turning my feet outwards due to the weird wear.

16. Sania

Sania Active Member

Yes, they came in and they are fabulous :)

Ailuene likes this.
  17. Ailuene

Ailuene Active Member

Hooray! :)

18. Kelsey

Kelsey New Member

I do standard! I've worn them for latin which they aren't as nice for! Only when I forgot Latin shoes