General Dance Discussion > P a n t y h o s e

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by MissAlyssa, Aug 17, 2003.

1. alemana

alemana New Member

i don't much like it either, when the hose are darker than the shoes. i get my 'nude' fishnets from Hue.

2. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

Can you find them online? I got mine from discountdancesupply and they only have 2 brands of fishnets: capezio and danskin.

3. alemana

alemana New Member

it's a department store brand, very common. i haven't searched online but you are welcomed to.

4. tanya_the_dancer

Thanks, I found a few websites which appear to carry it.

5. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Hmmm. I wrote this no too long ago. Back then I was frightened at the idea of exposing my legs to the public. Now I'm not that self-conscious. Strange how dancing can change a tomboyish, awkward teen into a growing woman. Thanks, dancing! :D

Twilight Elena

6. FTL

FTL New Member

Oh, I'm sorry I think I'm in the ladies dressing room! I didn't see anything.

7. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Ha ha! (Yeah, right!) Reminds me of the fashions show I was in a few weeks back- we were getting ready for the full dress rehearsal and I'm putting on this strappy backless top and turn around and the event planner was there, looking over the screen! Oh well, you know the saying about boobs- "You've seen one, you've seen 'em both!"

8. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

*giggle* How embarrasssing. :oops:

9. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Strange thing is, I'm not terribly shy if someone catches a view of me nude. Guess it comes from hanging out a lot with th' boys at hot springs, or camping or something. Being modestly endowed might also have something to do with it...

10. chandra

chandra New Member

I have a question to the more than modestly endowed out there:

Anyone ever found a bra that gives support to D or larger chest sizes, without using so much padding that the result could nock someone out???

11. pygmalion

Incidentally. Has anybody ever tried "Bring it Up" instant lifts? (Instant breast lifts, that is. :oops: :lol: ) Just noticed 'em on The Dance Dresser site. They look like ... well.

Anybody ever tried 'em? :cool:

12. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

No, but I probably should ;)

13. pygmalion

I couldn't tell whether they were intended to be instead of a bra or inside of a bra (a la saggy old ladies lol.)

Either way, it's probably worth the twenty-five bucks to find out. lol.

14. tanya_the_dancer

15. waltzgirl

waltzgirl Active Member

Manhattan Theatre Supply has the "Bring It Up" lifts for $9. I don't know if the packages contain the same # of lifts, though.

They have a bunch of other adhesive bras and cups under Non-Bras and Clothing Tapes.

Did you watch the instructional video on Dance Shopper? Yikes.

16. pygmalion

Just the picture looks intimidating enough. lol. Non-bras? Sounds intriguing. Must check it out. :car:

17. Sabor

Sabor New Member

didn't read this long thread ofcourse.. but i like the title.. so just thought i'd support it!

18. tangotime

tangotime Well-Known Member

sabor

Funny-- Funny and very funny !!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

19. steveanne

steveanne New Member

My husband and I are very new to dance and will never be good enough to compete, unless it is a comp to find the worst dancers in the place, however, we have found an enjoyment level dancing that we can never experience elsewhere. the advice on hose is great and the write-ups on other underwear has also been useful, however, as a lady with shall we say a poor view of my feet when standing, I do suffer with a back problem after an hour of Standard practise, Latin seems easier, I think because of the more varied degrees of movement. anyone have any ideas on how I can dance longer without back discomfort

20. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

do back and abdominal exercises...wear a low heel...be very cognizant of keeping the small of your back long at all times