General Dance Discussion > P a n t y h o s e

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by MissAlyssa, Aug 17, 2003.

1. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

I wasn't sure where to post this but I was just wondering if any of you ladies have found a way to save on pantyhose. I spend 25 bucks on pantyhose a week EEK! They are EVIL!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

2. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Get the Danskin stockings. They cost more, but they usually end up costing less because they last for a while.

3. verrronika

verrronika New Member

wasn't that a question for the ladies, DM? :twisted:
    Alyssa -- don't wear pantyhose? Cheapest way :)
    Or use the old way to fix'em : nail-polish

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hey. The guys I know seem to know a fair amount about women's hose. Don't know why. :)

DanceMentor makes a good point, though, tights last longer and can take a beating.

The other thing I do is wear pants about half the time for practice -- I got some of those stretchy jazz pants that fit pretty tight. Add a leotard, and you can see everything your whole body is doing without having to wear a skirt. The other half of the time, I stick with skirts so I can practice, holding the skirt, swishing it, and showing it off (especially for smooth).

5. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Simple reason why I know about pantyhose. I'm married. "Call me Inspector D" if you like. :lol:

6. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

well although I'd loooooove to wear pants to work..I can't. only on casual fridays :( I'm going to go get some tights though. I wish I didn't have to wear pantyhose but we are required to...plus my legs blind everyone so suntan hoisery is a GOOD thing :lol:

7. pygmalion

And while we're on the subject of hose, for you newbies out there, three important words : SHEER TO WAIST. :D

Enough said.

8. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

lol. for real, we really do need blood flow all the way from our brains to our toes.. :shock:

9. pygmalion

Don't know why I keep coming back to this forum.

But here's a funny story. I went to a studio outing with some friends a while ago, and saw a pretty lady dancing a rumba in the middle of the floor. She looked great, so I watched. I really loved her twirly skirt.
    Beautiful.

Then she did a spin. Ew! She was wearing a THONG and no hose that I could see. Poor thing didn't even realize that she was putting on a show.
    I don't think she knew how twirly her skirt really was.

Ever since then, even if I'm wearing a tight skirt, I put a pair of dance trunks underneath. Better safe than sorry.

10. verrronika

verrronika New Member

Sorry? I don't think the male part of the audience felt too sorry for the girl ;)

11. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

lol, couldn't she feel the "breeze"???? :lol:

12. verrronika

verrronika New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

13. pygmalion

And while we're on the topic of women's undies ... How do I put this delicately? Make sure your foundation garments are VERY SECURE before you start dancing. There's nothing worse than being in the middle of a dance and feeling things start to slip! :lol:

14. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

dang, I never had my panties slip off while dancing before lol :lol: although I have had my thigh highs fall down while giving a lesson before...that was embarrasing :oops:

15. pygmalion

LOL! LOL!

I didnt mean panties. I meant bras. Especially the strapless ones, sometimes slip off in the middle of the action. I once saw a woman at a comp whose bra was AROUND HER WAIST by the end of one particular dance. What a scream! I thought it was really funny. Guess she didn't though. :lol: :lol:

16. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

oh...my bad LOL! I was starting to wonder...hmm..

I don't wear strapless bras to dance, never have and never will. I'd rather use duct tape (not really) 8)

17. pygmalion

Whatever you wear to dance, it pays to dance around the house in it before you go out in public.

18. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

So is *that* why you undie-dance??? :shock:

19. pygmalion

Hadn't thought of it that way, but I guess that's just one more reason why undie-dancing is so great! :lol:

20. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

See...we'll get you turned on to undie dancing before long...the spell is working! :twisted: :wink: