Event Announcements > Ohio Star Ball Early Registration until Sept. 23, 2012

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by pruthe, Aug 18, 2012.

1. pruthe

pruthe Member

2. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I thought I'd mention that the new Hilton Columbus Downtown hotel will be open early to mid October. The Hilton is located on High Street across the street from the Columbus Convention Center; there will be a covered walkway between the two.

ACtenDance likes this.
  3. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Purr! It's good to know there might be more rooms available at OSB time that are convenient to the event venue!

4. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

On the link below, I see that there are closed bronze and closed latin and standard championships. Are those pro-am events? Could someone direct me to the right spot on the entry form?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

[In exchange, I offer the following unsolicited bit of proofreading advice to website person:

You have:

2. Competition Category's that are NEW (Closed Bronze & Silver) Standard & Latin Championships.

I would change that to the following:
    "Competition categories that are NEW: Closed Bronze & Silver Standard & Latin Championships."

Better still, I might go with:

NEW competition categories include Closed Bronze & Silver Standard Championships and Closed Bronze & Silver Latin Championships.

I might also explicitly state whether these are am or pro-am.

I may be the only person who would notice or care, but that's my $.02.]

5. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

A new large parking garage is behind the Hilton. I don't know when/if it's open yet.

6. pruthe

pruthe Member

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. I will pass your message on to appropriate people, but I think those who can answer are busy at another competition this weekend, so please stand by for a response. Maybe next week.

Thanks again!

pruthe

7. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Here's a link to a skycam which shows construction on the project. A covered overhead walkway connecting the Hilton to the Columbus Convention Center just went up this weekend.

http://earthcam.com/client/HiltonColumbusDowntown/

Moderators: please disable link if appropriate.

8. pruthe

pruthe Member

Sorry, it took a while to get updated form onto web site. Please go to OSB Entry Form page and view Pro/Am International Entry Form. There should be some new categories for the new closed events.

If any other questions, please let know. Thanks again for your comments. :)

9. ChaChaMama

Thank you! I definitely see it on the new form.

10. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Just checked the Hilton website, and they are not accepting reservations until Nov. 17.

Bummer.

11. pruthe

pruthe Member

Just to let all know, new Hilton Columbus web site has now been updated to show accepting reservations on Oct. 28, 2012 and beyond, so available during OSB week of Nov. 13-18, 2012.

Here is Hilton Columbus web site:

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/ohio/hilton-columbus-downtown-CMHDWHH/index.html

Thanks,

pruthe

ChaChaMama likes this.
  12. j_alexandra

Apparently, already sold out. According to the site, no rooms available on those dates. ETA: Oops. Available Wed through Sat, but not arriving Tues. Whatev.

13. pruthe

pruthe Member

To register at the new Columbus Hilton Hotel during the week of the Ohio Star Ball (Nov.13-18, 2012), please click - > HERE < - to make an online reservation. Please note that a discount will be given for the first 50 registrants (or until Oct. 13, 2012). If calling to make reservations (614-384-8600), please mention the Ohio Star Ball to get the discount.

p.s. If having problems getting to online link, please use phone number.

14. j_alexandra

Thanks. Booked!

Purr and ChaChaMama like this.
  15. ChaChaMama

Thank you SO, SO much, pruthe! Also booked! This is perfect for us.

I'm particularly pleased because it looks like this is a 100% non-smoking hotel, which is important for us since my husband's asthma is significantly aggravated by smoke.

Woo-hoo! 61 days until I'm there!

j_alexandra and Purr like this.
  16. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting about the new Hilton. It's been fun for me watching it go up.

17. pruthe

pruthe Member

If you have not yet booked your hotel room for this year's Ohio Star Ball, please know there are rooms still available. To make your room reservations, please e mail your request to:

Also, in case interested, starStreamers will be at OSB. Visit starStreamers web site for details.