Ohio Star Ball 2013

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by ChaChaMama, Oct 3, 2013.

1. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Who is going? Are you competing or spectating? If competing, in which styles?

I am hoping to go, but only have a hotel reservation so far. Need to make some decisions soon!

(P.S. I saw a thread down in the announcement section, but not up here in the discussion section. If there already is one, please feel free to combine.)
  2. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

I'll be there! I'm dancing at the collegiate one on Saturday, amateur on Sunday. Excited to meet some new peeps :)
    ChaChaMama likes this.
  3. jump'n'jive

jump'n'jive Active Member

RS Pro Smooth
    Egorich, smidra86 and ChaChaMama like this.
  4. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I'll be there! Dancing on Sunday.
    ChaChaMama and llamasarefuzzy like this.
  5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

as I have said elsewhere, will be the first time I have missed it in 8 years...am simply taking a 6 month break from competing
  6. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Well-Known Member

Leaving for Miami on Saturday so Tibor will be running the farewell party on Sat night,

Chris
    Egorich and ChaChaMama like this.
  7. Nazar

Nazar Member

tuesday to sunday Pro/Am and Open Pro Rhythm
  8. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

I'd love to go...but I have to take a break somewhere in the year, and this seems like the best time for me in my year. I am going to watch it on Livestream though! If I lived closer I would go to watch!
    latingal likes this.
  9. Mengu

Mengu Active Member

Will be there, volunteering, spectating, and dancing. Doing standard pro-am on Saturday, am-am on Sunday.
    ChaChaMama likes this.
  10. mara

mara New Member

This will be my first time at Ohio. Pro/am Rhythm and Smooth!!!
    debmc, Egorich and ChaChaMama like this.
  11. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

As seems to go (alternating years) I'm not going, as NP would either have to go down and come back (he would only have me doing Rhythm, as we're basically specializing, and his Youth Latin student, and we'd be about four days apart) and I'd probably be too tired and stressed to enjoy it anyway.
    Egorich likes this.
  12. middy

middy Well-Known Member

Dancing in the collegiate part. I was briefly considering doing amateur at OSB proper, but expensive and I think some events could overlap with collegiate events, so it'll just have to wait for another year.
    ChaChaMama and Egorich like this.
  13. I'll be there dancing sat and Sunday. Pro-Am standard and amateur standard and Latin

Really looking forwards to it :0)
    llamasarefuzzy and ChaChaMama like this.
  14. gracie

gracie Active Member

Standard. Haven't danced Standard for 3 years but opportunity with new Pro presented itself! Really excited....
    ChaChaMama likes this.
  15. Ailuene

Ailuene Active Member

Will be dancing in the collegiate competition for the first time! But in any luck, bouncing between the two so that I can watch OSB too!
    ChaChaMama and Sania like this.
  16. jump'n'jive

My dance studio is open free of charge to anyone in town wanting to practice while you are here for the week.
  17. middy

middy Well-Known Member

Which studio?
  18. jump'n'jive

I would rather not advertise on this site. But feel free to pm me if need be. We are a new studio here in Columbus.
  19. bluslu

bluslu Member

I'll be there for the collegiate part.
  20. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

I'm skipping it this year.