~ "men are like a fine wine." ~

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Matrix, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Matrix

Matrix New Member

"Men are like a fine wine. They start out as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the sh*t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with."

I sooooooo wish I had someone to stomp the ish out of me.... :cry:

(smart quote, though... just sharing)

MoDo's... you can move this to whereever the heck you think it belongs... :roll: :x
  2. Lucretia

Lucretia New Member

ha :lol: , this was a related version of my vine theory.

The vine theory I have developed is this:

Some temptations & passions must be bottled and put into the vinecellar. When the time has come and you finally decide to open the bottle - and it taste good - it was a real passion worth waiting for. And the best thing is that it has matured and become a much better "product".

And if they don't survive waiting down in the basement ...then it was no real passion...

This was the way i handled salsa in Nice 1998....It took be six years before I started dancing. And this is is the way I have managed all temptations beeing a married woman :wink: . If they aren't worth waiting for ....they are not good enough. No quality wine.

I will surley keep your version into my list of favorites.

/Luc
  3. brujo

brujo New Member

you keep the good ones locked up in a carefully controlled room and only take them out for parties and special ocassions, while the common ones are to be used and shared with all your friends? :twisted:
  4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I like it, Luc. :D
  5. pygmalion

And, btw, hi Matrix. I'm glad you're back. 8)
  6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I like it too... alot...and am sure its true...except that if you are married you only really get to take one bottle upstairs no matter how good the others might be now don't you? :wink: ....you might be able to serve(introduce) the others to friends who are worthy but you've got some problems if you take a sip yourself....this of course is only as it pertains to men...which seems to be the topic....dance...thank goodness.. is a whole other issue....skies the limit... I plan on trying and drinking all of that up myself (hiccup)
  7. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Well...I never needed any stmping and I think I'm a pretty good wine, or enough ladies have told me so. :p :)
  8. fascination

everyone needs a bit of refining their whole life through...and that is not solely for women to effect upon men but reciprocally
  9. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Didn't say I was perfect, did I? :wink: 8)
  10. kdogg

kdogg New Member

I think that saying is pretty out-dated. Wine industry has revolutionized, and women are no longer needed to stomp the grapes. So a more relevant saying would be something like...

Good men are like a fine wine. The more the women drink, the more they want to drink, and they wouldn't even spare the last drop of it. And sometimes the women fight over it because it's so rare :wink: :lol:
  11. fascination

sagitta-- I hope not...perfect is soooooooooooooo boring
  12. kdogg

kdogg New Member

Perfection seems boring because we haven't tasted it yet. Remember the good old story about a fox trying hard to reach the delicious looking grapes. He gives up after a while, making himself believe that the grapes must surely be sour.
  13. fascination

didn't say it wasn't a goal provided one knows it unattainable....but it is never good to be under the allusion that one is perfect or to really strive for it for it is in embracing our imperfactions that we grow and empower tothers and mature and come to have a sense of our own indiviuality and uniqueness....I venture to guess that everyone's definition of perfection is different....perfect would be my idea of perfect if that isn't too abstract to wrap one's mind around...just wouldn't want folks like that around me...esp the anal retentive variety ...and not just because I don't want to have to work that hard but be cause they are boooooooooooring
  14. Medira

Medira New Member

Just like "normal"! BORING!
  15. fascination

agree...normal= boring.....though sometimes that is neccessary too...
  16. pygmalion

Darn! And I was just beginning to wrap my mind around the idea of stomping the [expletive deleted] out of some grapes! :roll: :lol: :lol:
  17. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

When I saw this in the topic list it looked to my tired yes like "men are like fine whine"....
  18. kdogg

kdogg New Member

You must be really tired. Get some zzz's :wink: .
  19. pygmalion

:roll: :lol: No comment. :lol:
  20. fascination