Looking for waltz song - Flying

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by JANATHOME, May 23, 2009.

1. JANATHOME

JANATHOME Well-Known Member

Does anyone know a CD I can buy that has the song "flying" on it. I think that is the name and it is a beautiful waltz. I have looked at every CD on Danceshopper and cant find it. I can post a video with this song on it if I have the wrong name!
  2. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Jan, go ahead and post the video, as the title doesn't ring a bell.
  3. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

I remember a song with "flying" in the lyrics. Haven't heard it in a while but if I remember correctly, it's a Quickstep.
  4. Tigerlilly

Tigerlilly New Member

I bought it on iTunes a while back. You might check there if you can't find it on a CD. One thing about the iTunes (original) version is that it's too fast for dancing a waltz. You can fix that, however, by downloading Audacity (it's free) and using it to slow it down. (Audacity allow you to slow it down without distorting the pitch.)
  5. Send me your private email address and I will try to send you the song...

6. JANATHOME

Dont you wish YouTube would give you most recent viewed. Of course now I cannot find the video... I think the song is I feel like Im flying, and since I heard this I cant get it out of my mind!! Love this song.

Thanks so much Leonid, Pm'ed you.
  7. soshedances

soshedances Active Member

I think I found it: http:// ballroomdancers.com/Music/info_album.asp?Album=1062

Ballroomdancers. com lets you search by dance style...I've used it before to find the names of a bunch of songs and it can be very helpful.
  8. White Chacha

White Chacha Active Member

If you plan to dance slow waltz to it, you'll want to either slow down the original, or get it already slowed down version off the Casa Musica CD.
  9. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Yep, and slowing down doesn't always work well. Can do it without changing pitch, but some songs jsut don't seem right once slowed down, even if the musical tempo technically matches NDCA standards for speed on a song. Had that happen with a couple songs I was oconsidering for my foxtrot. May haveended up in the 32-34 BPM range, but just FELT slow.

Luckily, found one that worked fo rme. THough definitely NOT a traditional FT
  10. JANATHOME

Thank you all...
    Actually wanted to dance it for smooth, so the tempo was only a tad bit too fast....

Leonid sent it to me.. tons of thanks. Already loaded on my Ipod. Ya know I am sure you all know what I mean when you hear a song that so speaks to you and when you dance to it you have this incredible feeling... This is the one for me!!!
  11. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Absolutely Jan. Burned cd with music for my three routines so i can listen to it in truck, went through a lot of workchoosing music eveyr time, and they all have great emotional feel for me, music or lyrics. And luckily, picked right choreographers so the dancing fits what music says to me too.