Inside the male mind: Thoughts on body contact, anyone?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by pygmalion, Aug 14, 2005.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Any comments, advice or suggestions, standard dancing guys? 8)
  2. randomMysh

randomMysh New Member

Do guys really mind? I somehow didn't think they did... :roll:

You kind of get used to it and it becomes normal, unless the guy's creepy. I remember it freaking me out quite a bit at first.
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

pygmalian...I posted a comment in the ladies only thread not realizing that you started a new one so let me just repeat myself...

like I said, I am not at all uncomfortable myself...a bit of a thrill for this old married woman 8) ...but I can't help wondering if this happens as often for others who dance standard as it does for me....and whether the guy notices or minds....It seems unavoidable, particularly in tango ...and is probably old hat for an instructor...afterall, my chest is constantly up to his and I don't think a thing of it but when ever something goes on ahem...lower....I am just assuming that he is as dismissive of it as I am...yes?....having been married a long time it is just a bit of an adjustment to be that physically close...not unpleasant, :wink: just a bit of an adjustment....am assuming that most male instructors do not give it a second thought....
  4. mr bixx

mr bixx New Member

being a male instructor i dont even reliaze it anymore. when i first started it was kind of embarassing at first but you get over that real quick. i doubt your instructor minds.
  5. pygmalion

It'll be interesting to see what the guys say about this, for sure.

Yes. I heard what you said about being okay with body contact. I just couldn't think of a different catchy thread title that would get people to read and respond to your question. 8) :D I'm dying to see some of the responses, myself.

(And why the heck doesn't your instructor just wear briefs? :roll: :wink: )
  6. tacad

tacad New Member

Well I don't dance standard, but smooth. But when I have danced that close I don't contact them that often. But when I do it's not a big deal. I'm much more concerned with dancing and any,...,incidental contact,....,ahem,.... is just that. Incidental.

No, I don't mind. :roll: :oops: :lol:
  7. pygmalion

Hope you like the new title better, fascination. :wink: :D
  8. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I am not about to inquire as to why any man chooses a particular undergarment :lol: ...I am feverishly hoping that he doesn't think I've given it a bit of notice...in fact, I am a bit squirrelly about this becoming its own thread lest someone actually thinks they know me...I would just die a thousand deaths :oops: .....however, If I was speculating I would imagine it is a "staying cool" thing...don't wish to elaborate on why I think that.....geez...I think I have said enough...just glad for the male instructor view that it is no longer an issue to him...as far as smooth, no it doesn't happen often then....
  9. pygmalion

Yeah. You seem a bit ... internet cautious. That's why I didn't include your name in the quoted paragraph. 8) Don't worry, though. I think your question is pretty innocuous, and doesn't identify you in the least. A lot of us have wondered, I think. 8) :friend:
  10. luh

luh Active Member

i don't get it, i just don't get it. Could someone explain this to me? :?: :?: :?: maybe it's the time - i should go to bed.
    luh
  11. chandra

chandra New Member

which part luh? The part about close body contact, or the part about being internet cautious?
  12. leftfeetnyc

leftfeetnyc New Member

no briefs means it's easier to cop a feel...... :wink:
  13. luh

luh Active Member

the orginal post. the quote. I get 0!
    luh
  14. chandra

chandra New Member

You do need to go to bed luh.

Just think about it though, as you go to sleep. Something will click maybe?
  15. pygmalion

:lol: :lol: I'll keep that in mind. :roll: Wait a second. Easier for who to cop a feel? :shock: :lol:
  16. leftfeetnyc

leftfeetnyc New Member

Does it matter?
  17. luh

luh Active Member

I'll go - in just a few seconds - after we quit talking, and after I've taken a shower.
    luh
  18. pygmalion

ROTFL! Just figured I'd ask. :roll:
  19. diputs

diputs New Member

I have no idea what they are talking about either. I read this around noon today, and I am reading it again around 6pm. I thought maybe someones response would give me a clue what they were talking about.

I am guessing I do not understand because of one of two things.
    1) I do not do ballroom, I only enjoy watching it, so it might be an inside thing.

2) I am a guy, and I am very bad at reading between the lines when it comes to women. If any women out there can translate the question into man speak, I would appreciate it.
  20. leftfeetnyc

leftfeetnyc New Member

Translation:

As a guy, in closed position are you concerned with (and how much are you bothered by) a woman being able to feel your privates through your clothings?
    stash likes this.