Ballroom Dance > IDS vs. Ray Rose vs. Aida Latin Shoes

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by azntwice, Aug 5, 2015.

1. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Well-Known Member

I like the daimani in wide, that fit my foot properly. gonna place another order, i think. try this sucker again.

2. datitmarsh

datitmarsh Member

After talking to my daughter, who also said the same thing, I decided I would wear the shoes round the house. I really didn't want to return them as I love the look of the shoe. Fortunately, my daughter takes maybe a half size smaller than me so even if I still felt they were too tight after 'breaking them in' she would wear them herself.

bia likes this.
  3. Miss Silly

Miss Silly Well-Known Member

Just now I saw on instagram a post by IDS that they have a new "XG Sole" available.... a "flexible rubber padding embedded into the under-sole of the shoe".

I can't get my feet into IDS but i am curious what those are like, and if it's somethign that's goign to catch on with other brands.... or if it's a 'good-in-theory' idea only.

4. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Well-Known Member

Oh i saw that on insta a while ago too. It seems fascinating. I actually asked my pro about it, and his opinion was that if you really use your feet right, they are great, especially on slick floors. but he suggested I stay away because i've got a bad knee, and if the rubber gets stuck and my leg keeps turning - i'll have another acl or meniscus tear. so i decided to pass for now.

Miss Silly likes this.