Ballroom Dance > IDS vs. Ray Rose vs. Aida Latin Shoes

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by azntwice, Aug 5, 2015.

1. rels77

rels77 Active Member

Did you buy them at a comp? Any customization? They are still listed at $200 online.

2. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

I know the price online, that's why I'm annoyed about it.

No customization, no fitting, just told him the same ones as the previous and walked away (practice shoes).

Usually comps were slightly less to buy things, as they were selling in bulk.

scullystwin42 likes this.
  3. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Well-Known Member

I think it's the additional fees for double and triple wide.

4. scullystwin42

does anybody have a pair of Nikolishina's?

5. scullystwin42

oh well then never mind my post, sigh. i think the extra charges for the double and triple wide are new tho.

6. scullystwin42

is it the IDS heel or the Elite heel that is most similar to RR/Aida placement on International's? i dug back through the thread, and i think it's IDS, but looking for confirmation.

7. Miss Silly

Miss Silly Well-Known Member

IDS "Elite" heel is like the Aida. :)

8. Sania

Sania Well-Known Member

9. scullystwin42

Placement for the heel, not shape.

10. scullystwin42

Thank you @Miss Silly !!

Miss Silly likes this.
  11. Miss Silly

Miss Silly Well-Known Member

The IDS 'elite' heel shape is the same as the 'regular' Aida (the non-flare).

12. scullystwin42

13. Spookisgirl

Spookisgirl Active Member

I wear model 66 in aida latin (the ones with the mesh over the toes), they don't have a name. I like them a lot--the mesh is flexible and my toes don't fall out. It's really helpful with wider feet.

14. scullystwin42

well blergh. ordered IDS shoes - the demani in wide, with a 3in elite heel. in my usual british size. EPIC FAIL. the shoe was too long and i hated the balance of the heel (although it's possible those things are related). so frustrating!!! next comp near me with shoe vendors is not until mid-october. i am beyond frustrated and going broke trying to find shoes. stupid feet changing on me.

15. datitmarsh

datitmarsh Member

Oh no! I ordered IDS too. Hoping they arrive this week. Back home in England I wore 6 street shoe, but after emailing actual centimetre measurements to IDS they said to order size 4! I was surprised by that to be honest but I went ahead and ordered the 4. It will be interesting to see once they arrive here in Calgary.

16. SwingingAlong

SwingingAlong Well-Known Member

It's a shame no-one has written some sort of computer thing, where you type in your foot measurements and out pops a list of your favourite shoes along with the sizes that would be a perfect fit! The more I read this thread, the more I realise how lucky I was to get my Aida Latin shoes right on the first tryo_O. I have feet just a little bit wide, so a regular fit with the square toe worked perfectly..... I do remember seeing a spreadsheet in my wanderings, with the relative widths of a number of different shoes, but I haven't managed to find it again:(

Miss Silly likes this.
  17. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

They do have this for ice skates... I'm sure someone does it for shoes.

18. datitmarsh

datitmarsh Member

So my shoes arrived today from IDS. As I said, after questioning back and forth and sending actual measurements of my foot width and length, I ordered the UK size 4 as recommended. Surprisingly, they are a good fit (tiny bit snug around the straps perhaps). Length is perfect. In Canada I wear an 8.5 street shoe and back home in UK I wore 6. I got the Flavia with the 3" elite heel.

Miss Silly and scullystwin42 like this.
  19. scullystwin42

Nice - I'll have to email to see what they think.

20. Sania

Sania Well-Known Member

You should be able to return to them if you ordered from England