Heritage Classic 2013

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Akita, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Akita

Akita Active Member

Does anyone have the 2012 schedule for the Heritage Classic? It's not on their web site and I'm trying to get an idea of when Am/Am Open Smooth and Am/Am Open Standard is danced for 2013 to see if that comp is a good fit four our schedule. thanks,

2. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

Bump...all the talk about Heritage in another recent thread made me go to their website this morning to see if there are any updates. The 2013 schedule is online along with the entry forms! So looking forward to it this year - anyone else going??

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

cautiously optimistic that I will make it

4. ACtenDance

ACtenDance Active Member

I'll be there dancing amateur standard :)

5. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

I'll be there... silver latin.

GGinrhinestones likes this.
  6. GGinrhinestones

Dancing everything?

I'll be there for smooth...first time competing in smooth in well over a year and the first time at anything other than a little one-day comp.

7. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

GGin... will you be doing open smooth?

8. fascination

I have no idea...I haven't had a lesson since dec7..but we always go and I cannot fathom skipping smooth...if anything, we would skip rhythm because it comes first ....but I won't know for a week or so...

9. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly the rhythm schedule at Heritage is a bit different... I think they do the scholarships the evening before the single dances.

10. fascination

yes...but it is still the first style...hence, if I miss one, that would likely be the style...but we will see....we have not discussed it yet

11. GGinrhinestones

Oh, no. No where near ready for that yet. Closed silver, though I still feel that after so little time working on smooth even that is brave. Pro seems to think it will be fine, but I'm withholding judgment at this time.

I danced open rhythm there last year. The scholarships were all on Wednesday (which was rhythm day), but the open bronze single dances were on Tuesday night. I think some of the other scholarships (closed, maybe?) were on Tuesday as well.

If you do go Fasc, at least it looks like I will probably see you Thursday!

12. fascination

well...look me up if you see me

13. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of going a day early or staying a day late to enjoy Asheville. Any suggestions of things to do... I have already toured the Biltmore. I was also thinking of booking a spa treatment... worth it, or just overpriced?

14. fascination

worth it

15. Summer_Gray

Summer_Gray New Member

The spa is amazing at Grove Park Inn :U !!

16. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Entries are being sent in this week!

17. fascination

we have some scheduling conflicts so it appears as though we may not be going....first time in memory

18. GGinrhinestones

No!! Sorry to hear it. :(

I'm hoping to iron out the registration this week...should be sent in soon.

19. fascination

pretty sure we are a pass...scheduling conflicts and family responsibilities...while I will miss it (one of my faves), I am hopeful that it is a rare exception, and I am sort of looking forward to a change of routine

20. GGinrhinestones

It's official...entries sent in this week. Looking forward to this one...first comp in five months, first time competing in smooth in almost 18 months, and location, location, location. :)