General Dance Discussion > Easy to learn festival dance styles for Men

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by sleicreider, May 26, 2017.

1. sleicreider

sleicreider New Member

Hey,

I'm attending a festival in 1 1/2 months and would like to bring at least a few easy dance moves.
    I really have not talent for dancing (i think), so i'm a real beginner here.

Do you know any dance styles which will work for slow/fast/normal electro music and are easy to learn?

The only style i know, is shuffling but are there any others?

2. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Do you mean moves that involve holding hands with a partner? Or do you mean solo dance moves?

3. sleicreider

sleicreider New Member

best would be both :>

4. newbie

newbie Well-Known Member

Cha-cha is very versatile music-wise, has a certain variety of moves (walks, spins...), all using a same structure of steps, that you can use sideways, forward, backward. It can be tuned to the context (small steps, large steps). In its pure form, you're supposed to take the lady in your arms and lead her steps, but in a festival-easygoing form you can just dance it near the lady without touching her and she will probably somehow follow you by making her own steps of her own dance.

5. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

You must be more specific on the music style played, as every music requires it´s own dance style. For instance this would be e-swing.