General Dance Discussion > Discrimination of dancers

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Barbitula, May 14, 2017.

?

dancers, are someone victim of discrimination?

1. fascination

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. samina

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Barbitula

Barbitula New Member

HELLO GUYS. IF YOU KNOW, IN WDSF, CAN COUPLE CHANGE COUNTRY OF REPRESENTATION IF THEY BOTH ARE NOT CITIZEN OF NEW COUNTRY WHERE THEY WANT TO MOVE? P.S. THIS COUPLE IS NOT REGISTERED AS A NEW COUPLE IN OLD COUNTRY. ONLY REGISTERED WITH EX PARTNERS. PLEASE HELP ME.I CANT HEAR REAL INFORMATION ABOUT IT.

2. Barbitula

Barbitula New Member

Hello guys. I want to tell my heart's pain. I am latin dancer in Wdsf. me and my partner want to dance together but federation president dont registered as a couple and he says that, he blocks us forever, without any serious reason. out ex trainer and federation president didn't want to dance together me and my boy. and we were blackmaied by them this meand that we cant compete, because we are not registered as a new couple. my partner were dancing another girl just 3 weeks without his will, because of me. they threaten him if he would not dance this girl, they will harm me something. but my partner still leave this studio we guess that they wanted afraid us. now we were practising alone with other gym, it is not dance club. we can't go another dance club beacuse, there is heavy fine (penalty), if you change dance club you must pay big money. we are goint to complain in Court this. but we decide to change country of representation, we still really hate our country :( yes country, because dance is everything. PLEASE HELP US! and advice me. and if you know someone, IN WDSF, CAN COUPLE CHANGE COUNTRY OF REPRESENTATION IF THEY BOTH ARE NOT CITIZEN OF NEW COUNTRY WHERE we WANT TO MOVE? P.S. THIS COUPLE IS NOT REGISTERED AS A NEW COUPLE IN OLD COUNTRY. ONLY REGISTERED WITH EX PARTNERS. PLEASE HELP ME.I CANT HEAR REAL INFORMATION ABOUT IT.

3. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

What country are you in, and what age category?

4. Barbitula

Barbitula New Member

Georgia. I dance in Adults im B class

5. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

Sounds as if some officials are involved that consider you to be kind of serfs or bondsmen. Seems as if you got on the wrong side of somebody.

6. IndyLady

IndyLady Well-Known Member

Why is there a poll?

7. Phooey

Phooey New Member

They made this into a movie, its called "Strictly Ballroom". I think it ends with the couple showing up to the competition anyways and dancing, while the people applaud and the promoter gets beat up and they bring down the house with their dancing!

wooh likes this.
  8. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

That may depend on the rules for the various countries WDSF feeder organizations.

Here are Canada's, for example:

International Partnerships (from the CDS Rule Book Rule 7(4))

In Canadian Closed Championships or Regional Association Closed Championships, one member of a partnership must be a Canadian Citizen.

The second member if not a Canadian citizen:

a) must satisfy the Board that under Canadian law s/he is permitted to travel out of and into Canada.
    b) must satisfy the Board that s/he has elected in writing his or her intention to compete in DanceSport for Canada only during the calendar year prior to the said Championship.

And

c) He/she has not represented another country in a DanceSport competition during the 8 months prior to the said Championships except when the competitor has received consent in writing to the change in representation from each of the two relevant WDSF Members, and then the competitor may immediately represent Canada.

d) A competitor having represented one country in any WDSF Championship or any WDSF Cup is not permitted to represent another country in any WDSF Championship or WDSF Cup competition until a period of 12 months has elapsed since the last representation. Therefore would not be eligible to compete in the Canadian Closed Championships or its qualifiers until the one year has elapsed.

I suggest pulling the Georgian rules to see what is and is not allowed... next steps would be the rules of other countries of interest.

And if Georgia or another country isn't an option for the two of you, maybe consider changing federations? At least you'd still be dancing.

9. Barbitula

Barbitula New Member

In Georgian federatuion's rule is written that if dancer want to trasfer she/he must pay 5000$ for this. So we must pay 10000$ if we want to go from georgian federation and it is silly and injustice because we had not any agreement with them. In wdsf 's mane page in rules is written that if dancer want to change country new federation should sent letter to the old and if old federation will not agree during one month, dancer can automatically become member of new country. And also there is elapse 8 month but in this case when we had compete last montths here. But we didnt compete in competitions for 1 year and maybe we cab automatically registered to the new federation and can comoete vecause we cont dance lond time. It is problem for ine dancer this but i afraid that we both of are not citizen of new country. But in new countris federatuon wrote me that we can dance there it is not important that we are not citizens. But someone told us that it impossible. And if you know such couple who change country without problem?

10. Here is a thought. Move to the United States or Canada or Great Britain or any other country and dance WDC. If you want to stay within the WDSF system then you should email the WDSF Sports Director and ask for his help in this situation. I believe that in order for you to change your country your current country would need to release you or the WDSF can force them to.

11. Barbitula

Barbitula New Member

I want to dance in WDSF! because i begin dancing here and know everyone here and i wish to dance here. and why i should change FEDERATION, i have no crime , and i cant receive injustice. i want to move in Sweden, we have good friends and trainers here and also they try to help us. i am waiting reply about exact answer, how it will happen. we will do my best to registered as a couple. I hope everything will be fine. thank you for your reply <3