Ballroom Dance > did you ever have this happen to you?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by ballroomdancertoo, Sep 13, 2017.

1. ballroomdancertoo

ballroomdancertoo Well-Known Member

2. Dr Dance

Dr Dance Well-Known Member

No. She made a nice recovery though. A dancer's greatest attribute is how well that she (or he) handles adversity.

RythmHansen and Mr 4 styles like this.
  3. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

They look exhausted at that point. But even if they weren't the catch is far more stable when done with the wrists and forearms than the finger tips.

I like her "oww my bum hurts" at 3:23.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  4. azntwice

azntwice Member

Not exactly the same, but in Michael and Joanna's show at BADC a while back, she went down for a drop and somehow her heel caught on his shirt. She tore a gaping hole right through it. He played it off like "whatttt" while she acted like "come on let's get this show on the road!" It was actually one of the most memorable moments of the show.

5. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

I haven't been dropped... but I have been thrown by an over exuberant partner in a Cha Cha. It was supposed to be in place of a fan, and we worked on it in practice... and when it came time to get on the floor, it felt like he threw me about 10 feet.

theAnnelis likes this.
  6. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Not dancing. I fell out of an ice-dance lift onto my bum once, though. My coach felt AWFUL even though it was really my fault (it was a lift where we were in dance hold with me going forward, him going backward and I had to "step up" with one hand on his shoulder and my ankle between his knees as the base. I botched the timing and there was really no way he could save it, but he still felt terrible even though I was fine.)

7. ballroomdancertoo

ballroomdancertoo Well-Known Member

is it really true that it hurts more when you fall down on ice floor than a wooden floor?

8. RythmHansen

RythmHansen New Member

I agree. The ability to continue as if nothing had happened is an indication of sheer determination and focus to finish the whole dance. Such expertise.

9. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

Oh much more... Like concrete