bronze quickstep routine

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Kitty, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Kitty

Kitty New Member

I need suggestions for a bronze quickstep routine (a long wall and a short wall). I know this stuff, but I am out of practice connecting them together nicely. Help!

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

our long bronze long wall is a 1/2 natural to a spin turn, fwd and back locks, cornering with a running finish to hesitation to a double reverse on the short wall, chasse, lock another running finish....lather, rinse and repeat

3. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

Kitty, planning to surprise us in a syllabus event anytime soon.. or maybe MOS event :)

4. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Gee, that sounds familiar....;)

5. Kitty

Kitty New Member

thanks fasc,

not clear, what is after the spin turn? chasse to right to forward locks?

6. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

For crowded amateur or especially collegiate competitions I would suggest dancing bronze quickstep without a routine, but instead using an in-the-moment combination of quarter turns, progressive chasse, locks, running finish, natural turn, possibly DRS and chasse to Right, etc. If the hesitation is going to be used, it needs to be placed on the floor, not planned to follow a sequence of other steps that may or may not put it in a reasonable place.

Basically, try to win on an ability to establish a good setup (frame, posture, etc) and move it smoothly around the floor, disrupted neither by the action of movement nor the presence of other couples. In particular, a couple that can slow down their action enough to have smoothness and depth rather than a disruptive "skip & hop" in something like a basic lock, will stand out. Choreography isn't really an issue yet - the figures need merely provide the opportunity for the couple to show that they are ahead of the others in discovering how to carry themselves and move.

7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yea sorry...sometimes I get muddled about it since it is defined from the man's perspective...

8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Heh, yah...only so many ways to skin a cat when the tools in your bag are rudimentary, lol.

9. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Hey, if it works, why change it? And as Chris pointed out, in the first rounds of collegiate comps, it's a matter of survival :shock:

10. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

11. reb

reb Active Member