Ballroom Dance > broken ankle or knee which

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by ballroomdancertoo, Jun 10, 2017.

1. ballroomdancertoo

ballroomdancertoo Active Member

God forbids but if you want to break something would it be ankle or knee?

2. Dr Dance

Dr Dance Well-Known Member

Neither.

ajiboyet, MaggieMoves and Mengu like this.
  3. Partner Dancer

Partner Dancer Well-Known Member

Well, if one were a mafia enforcer, kneecapping would be the preferred means to injure.

4. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Oh I don't know - sometimes a good beat down gets the message across without extreme injury.

5. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

It's easier to break an ankle as a break is to bone. It's hard to break a knee. Kneecap sure. You can wreck the ligaments but that's not a break technically

6. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

A low kick to the knee in a standing melee, but on the ground it's a cinch to snap that ankle. Just watch yourself at the competition, capiche?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  7. Partner Dancer

Partner Dancer Well-Known Member

Hmm. In betting sports such as boxing, incapacitating the opponent is sometimes done, purposely or unintentionally, financially or politically. Has Ballroom dancing gotten that bad yet?

Perhaps Tonya can offer more insight as to knee or ankle.

8. ballroomdancertoo

Im thinking more healing factors. which would heal the fastest.

9. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

I think the ankle usually heels faster
    (And of course I was joking above):)

10. JANATHOME

JANATHOME Well-Known Member

With just a slight stumble I broke my ankle. Then it did not heal correctly and had to be broken again and back in cast. I was out of dancing almost a year and I have just recently returned. It can be a long process but the interesting think is my ankle is now much stronger than before the break... I wondered if it was not aligned right before the break and why I am now much more stable. Either way, both injuries stink!

DanceMentor likes this.
  11. ballroomdancertoo

that's so interesting. my mom had a hairline crack on her hip several years ago and when the doctor took xray years later he said that the crack had more calcification. interesting. it's like the body knows a weak point and tries to over compensate for the weakness. interesting, I wonder if it can work with my brains!

12. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

I thought bone breaks usually heal thicker than the area was prior to the break. Not sure if that actually means stronger.