Salsa > Body tilt problem

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by ticolora, Apr 21, 2017.

1. twnkltoz

twnkltoz Well-Known Member

Also, make sure you aren't back-weighted before you even get there. Turning can exacerbate a balance issue, so if you're leaning back going into the CBL (like you think you need to get out of her way), you'll be more so when you complete the turn and it'll be harder to recover.

ticolora likes this.
  2. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I think of it as the difference between front wheel drive and rear wheel drive on a car. In front wheel drive, the front wheels pull the car. In rear wheel drive, the rear wheels push the car. Dancing should mostly be rear wheel drive.

Mia and ticolora like this.
  3. snapdancer

snapdancer Well-Known Member

I've determined that half of dancing is learning how to stand up straight, the other half is learning how to walk.

bia, Mia, cornutt and 2 others like this.
  4. ticolora

ticolora Member

Can you please elaborate?

5. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

Folie1.jpg

6. vit

vit Active Member

7. tangotime

tangotime Well-Known Member

Attempting to analyse his problem without a visual, is an exercise in futility.
    There may be several determining factors, that are causing the effect.
    My suggestion ?.. find an established.. teacher

vit likes this.
  8. ticolora

ticolora Member

Thank you, everybody, my partner told me she noticed (without me asking, or telling her that I working on it) that I don't do that anymore. The fix was, to push off with a front (left) leg on 1, rather than tilting back and the let the gravity do the work for me. This requires more abs and quads engagement, so it is not as effortless but looks better from all sides.

Again, I was able to correct this thanks to y'all.

RiseNFall likes this.