Best Compliment(s) You've Ever Gotten On Your Dancing

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Phil Owl, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Active Member

What are the best and most memorable compliments you've gotten on your dancing from others (viewers or partners)?

I've had several, one of which just blew me away:

1) About a week ago, got some very nice compliments on my arm styling, and I NEVER had formal training on arm styling at all! :mrgreen::eek:

2) I get a lot of compliments on having a strong lead

3) Every so often I get compliments on how creative my dancing is (one that really struck me was from a pro competitor/teacher who is extremely creative and witty on the dance floor herself herself)

4) The blowaway one; a beautiful lady I did Rumba with told me that when she danced with me she felt like she was in another world.

Your turn--------------
  2. davedove

davedove Active Member

Probably most of the compliments I get are about my waltz. Many of the ladies I dance with tell me how smooth it was. I always respond with "Hey, I can do smooth!!"
  3. leftthebuilding

leftthebuilding New Member

"Marry me", if that counts as a compliment, heh heh
  4. toothlesstiger

toothlesstiger Well-Known Member

I pretty regularly get complimented on my clear lead. But my favorite, when I used to dance a lot Salsa, was "Do that again!"
  5. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

A teacher once told me I remind her of a swan. I like swans.
  6. madmaximus

madmaximus Well-Known Member

This from a few nights ago--at a new venue (for me)--dancing to "Oblivion" with a really good dancer (1st time to dance with her).

OMG! who ARE you!

m

7. Did you at least answer her with, "Im Superman!"
  8. madmaximus

madmaximus Well-Known Member

LOLs

Caught me so off-guard (she was pretty good), the best I could come up with was "no one of consequence".

Besides, can't divulge my alter-ego now, can I? :)

m
  9. Gorme

Gorme Active Member

You have great musicality!

This came from many different social dancers. Meanwhile, my coaches are exasperated that I can't stay on time.
  10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

jedi max... :cool:
  11. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

"Dancing with you is better than sex!" Too bad we were dancing Hustle and not Standard : )
  12. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

at the very first comp I ever did, someone asked me if I was the pro in my pro/am partnership. Obviously this person wasn't very familiar with ballroom dance!
  13. kckc

kckc Active Member

"You dance as beautiful as you look. And you look divine, girl! "
  14. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

a) you dance with your soul

b) you've got something that money can't buy
  15. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Active Member

I would be thrilled to death if someone said that to me while dancing Hustle (or Cha-Cha or Rumba)! ;)
  16. suburbaknght

suburbaknght Well-Known Member

"You danced very well." But it came from Sandy Fortuna!
  17. Warren J. Dew

Warren J. Dew Well-Known Member

"You make me feel like Cinderella" - from a woman who was better than I was at the time.

Also pretty good is, "you're a dancer, aren't you?" when it comes from professional ballet dancers, who generally consider ballroom the artistic equivalent of crayon scribbling.
  18. waltzgirl

waltzgirl New Member

"You've done this before, haven't you?" about three bars into a dance with a visiting pro at a social. It was all in the tone.
  19. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

You've got IT!
  20. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

From a spectator at an event, "He dances as if the music goes into his ears, through his body, and comes out of his feet, with absolutely no obstruction in between". Not he greatest, but really cool. Probably the greatest was, "He teaches from his heart, and literally gives his students the gift of dance".