2013 MAC

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Daphna, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Registration has just opened for MAC 2013, an NQE for Nationals.

We have a new home - Pier 60 at the Chelsea Piers. Check out the website www.http://nyusadance.org/mac/mac.shtml for all the information related to MAC. The MAC will be taking place over the MLK weekend, Jan. 18-20, 2013 which means that its a great weekend to come dance and also to enjoy NY. Pier 60 is a fantastic space, great open areas, a panoramic view of the Hudson River, everything on one level and catering for the VIP reception by Abigail Kirsch.

Hope to see everyone there.

2. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

3. Jananananana

Jananananana Active Member

This is so exciting! I hope to be able to go this year. It's always been my favorite competition.

4. stash

stash Well-Known Member

I hope to be going for the first time this year. I keep trying to go every year, but partners have never had time. Crossing my fingers for this year :)

5. Boston Dance Dad

Boston Dance Dad New Member

I will definitely be there, although I really liked the New Yorker Hotel and being so close to Times Square, Macy's, Empire State Building, etc. Pics of Pier 60 are amazing though. Oh well time for something new.

6. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

I will be there to watch!

7. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

For everyone who was wondering where they'd be staying for the MAC, the host hotel for MAC 2013 will be the Holiday Inn at 125 West 26th Street, near Sixth Avenue. From there it's a short cab or bus ride to Pier Sixty. We secured a great rate of $145 per night. You need to book by December 28, 2012, and use group code NYC. If you're booking by phone say that you are with the NY USA Dance Attendee Group. The reservation line is open 24 hours and it's 1.877.410.6667. Or you can book online at http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/new-york-city/nycvc/hoteldetail?groupCode=nyc.

Now that you know where to stay and where and when the MAC is, all that's left is to register. Don't delay, go now to the website (http://mac.nyusadance.org) and register to dance. You know that you want to!

8. Dancebug

Dancebug Well-Known Member

I am really not happy with this new venue and hotel, especially because we need to take a cab or bus to get to the venue. What is the parking situation like at the hotel and the venue?

9. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

I'm sorry to hear this, unfortunately we really didn't have a choice about moving from the Manhattan Center (as much as we all loved it) and Pier Sixty was above and beyond the best venue we could find that was within the possibility of doable. Not sure what the parking situation is at the hotel, but there is a parking lot one short block from the venue and we are looking into the option of having a shuttle service going from the hotel to the pier. It will all depend on cost.

Larinda McRaven likes this.
  10. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Perhaps you could try a boat!

Lorelei and Bailamosdance like this.
  11. Dancebug

Dancebug Well-Known Member

Thank you, Daphna.

12. Meagan

Meagan Active Member

Excited to see how everything goes at the new venue!! (Yes, this post is super delayed but I've been on a DF hiatus)

13. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Glad you're going to be there Meagan, not sure we'd know what to do if you weren't there :)

14. Meagan

Meagan Active Member

You're too kind :)

15. jerseydancer

jerseydancer Active Member

We just have to hope it does not rain or snow on the day of the competition:)

16. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

We are working with the weather gods to make sure that the MLK weekend is bright, sunny and not too cold. After all, I think that NY has had its share of bad weather for the rest of 2012 and 2013.

Larinda McRaven likes this.
  17. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

18. Meagan

Meagan Active Member

Are you coordinating volunteers dlliba??? That's awesome!

dlliba10 likes this.
  19. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

Indeed, me and a certain Smooth partner of mine!

20. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

Hey dlliba...remember to ask Meagan as soon as possible to volunteer....especially on Sunday! ;)

dlliba10 likes this.